This summer we are off to beautiful Belize.
Belize lies along the Carribean Coast of Central America and is the home of the largest barrier reef in the Western Hemisphere.With more than 100 species of coral and 400 species of fish we will experience exceptional diving. Throw in diving (not snorkeling) with whale sharks and we will be in liquid heaven!!
Belize is the only English speaking country in Central America. It is a country of various cultures, languages and ethnic groups. All of these different elements have mixed and blended successfully making Belize well known worldwide for its friendly people. Eco tourism abounds throughout this region - from jungle tours and ziplines to the exploration of Mayan ruins, making Belize an adventurer's paradise.
We are planning our trip around the full moon. A few days before and a few days after offer the best opportunity to dive with whale sharks.The full moon this year is June 23rd. After snorkeling with these magnificent creatures last summer in Holbox, Mexico, the opportunity to dive with them will be phenomenal!
- Dates: Friday, June 21st - Friday June 28th, 2013 7nights/8 days
- Lodging: Robert's Grove Beach Resort, Placencia, Stann Creek District -Placencia in southern Belize is a spring board to an amazing underwater eco system and is close to Gladden Spit where the whale sharks feed. Placencia is on a peninsula and boasts 16 miles of tranquil beaches with a lagoon to the west and the Carribean to the east. The best beaches on the mainland are on the Placencia peninsula. Being on the mainland allows us easy access to a wide variety of land tours in addition to great diving!
- Robert's Grove is a beautifully appointed Hacienda style beach resort situated on 22 acres of the area's finiest white sand beaches. It boasts a PADI 5 Star dive center, a selection of 3 restaurants on site as well as a Spa where we can relax and rejuvenate after our adventures on land and sea!
- Roundtrip airfare from Belize airport to Placencia
- Land transfers between Placencia Airstrip and Robert's Grove
- Accommodations in a Classic Vista Room with private bathroom, A/C,ceiling fans, cable TV, telephone, small fridge, safe, futon couch and private terrace
- Daily American (full) Breakfast
- Welcome cocktail drink
- 1 day of Whale Shark Diving
- 3 days of reef dives including Glovers Reef
- Dive trips include all gear - this makes packing a lot easier not to mention the airline weight restriction limits won't be a hassle (50 lb weight limit)
- Use of the Resort's three 50 ft pools, canoes, kayaks, windsurfers, Hobie Kats, fitness center and bicycles
- All applicable taxes and service charge on above
based on double occupancy
$1585 diver - $ 980 non diver
- Dive days are a full day leaving at 9 and coming back to the resort in late afternoon.We have 4 days of diviing, which leaves us 2 days to explore this beautiful land. The resort offers a variety of tours with experienced guides. You can take advantabe of these tours, add another day of diving, just relax around the pool or indulge in a relaxing massage!
- Exchange rate is US $1 - BZ $2
- Electricity is the same as the US
- If you would like to upgrade to a villa contact us for rates
- Check out their website for more information on the resort and tours at www.robertsgrove.com
- Airfare to Belize(BZE) American offers flights from Dallas, Continental offers flights from Houston
- Beverages are not included except for coffee, tea, milk and morning juice
- Meals are extra - You can enjoy one of the 3 great restaurants at the resort or hop on a bike or take a cab to quaint Placencia Village to eat, drink and dance in town!
- Lunch on dive days is $10
- Land Tour pricing is extra
- Nitrox is available at a reduced rate for our group at $5 per tank. If you aren't certified check with Ken and he can make it happen!
- Tips for the dive masters
Hope you can join us on our Belizean adventure and help us make more wonderful memories!
- Deposit of $ 400 is due now to hold your space. You may make checks payable to Makai, Inc. and send to Makai, 4503 Harbinger Drive, Mesquite, Texas 75150
- Balance is due May 3rd, 2013
- Questions or concerns email us or contact Ken or Sue at 972-681-1168